Working with mental health for older adults services has taught us that simplicity is safety.
Without compromising on strength or functionality, our MHOA bed has a skeletal frame, concealed cabling and when raised up, all you’ll see beneath is free floor space – no trailing cables or linkages.
A low height of just 10cm eliminates the risks associated with bed falls at night.
For feeding, administering medication and mobilising to and from bed, the autochair function is a winner.
For the ultimate in simplicity, when the bed is used with our Combi-Air mattress, there is now no need for cumbersome swapping between foam and mattresses – just add a pump to upgrade the static mattress to Very High Risk alternating. This also eliminates space and hygiene issues with foam mattress standby storage.
If your residents and staff would benefit from trialling a bed solution that promotes Safety through Simplicity, please contact our team and we’ll be glad to arrange this for you.
We’ve had great feedback from mental health trusts who’ve participated in the lunch and learn events we carried out in 2019, and the first half of January 2020.
The events are offered throughout each year, subject to availability. 2020 is filling fast but there are still a few weeks left with availability.
The format of these events is as follows:
- We work with you to provide a range of equipment demonstrations based around a theme, for instance Falls Prevention and Early Detection in Mental Health, Older Adults
- All we ask from your side is a space, like a gym, training room or similar – and an audience, this can be a group all at once, or a steady trickle, like a series of drop-in sessions
- We provide a healthy, high quality and nutritious lunch and we cater for needs such as vegetarian and vegan so that everyone is included
- There is a strong educational and informative approach, looking at new concepts and techniques to make your lives easier
- There is no cost to the trust, this is funded by Caremed as part of our educational grants scheme
If a lunch and learn would be useful to you and your team, please get in touch as soon as possible so we can assist in setting a date.
We were recently challenged to describe Critical Care Seating within the 140 characters format, here we go…
“Chairs enabling hoist free transfers from bed and used to assist early mobility tasks, i.e. sit-to-stand, reducing length of stay and the load on care / therapy staff.”
If you’d like to discuss Critical Care Seating with our team (in more than 140 characters), why not call us free on 08000 191 246 and we’ll be glad to help.
Could your nursing home benefit from a thorough profiling bed and air mattress service? Ignoring equipment maintenance can be costly and risky.
What are the reasons that this could be beneficial?
- Peace of mind, knowing that everyone (residents, staff and visitors) is kept safer with properly maintained equipment
- Documentation to prove compliance during external inspections, i.e. CQC or HSE
- Reduce breakdowns and call-outs by bringing everything up to scratch
- All equipment is entered into a detailed asset list – this is a hugely useful resource (accessible online) with automatic reminders for due dates, easy parts ordering by room number and so on
- Every item is labelled displaying last service and next service due date
Starting the process is quick and easy:
- Email email@example.com with the number of profiling beds, air mattresses and static(foam) mattresses in your home
- We will reply with a quote document detailing how to proceed and book, if the proposal meets with your approval